Thursday, November 21, 2013

Meet this week's "Star"


The stars in the night sky are brilliant throughout our long Alaskan nights. Temps are dropping as I write.  But we have been showing our "Star Students" warm admiration for the happiness and uniqueness they bring to our class.
This week we celebrate Riley.  Here is what he has to say about himself:

I am Riley Hawke. I have three older brothers and one older sister.  I love playing hockey.  I like to read.  Right now I am reading The Girl Who Could Fly.  My favorite TV show is "SpongeBob".  I love to go to Sportsman's Paradise and Moose Camp.  In the winter, my family likes to drive snowmachines.


1 comment:

  1. Hello Ms. Canner,

    I'm a syndicated cartoonist, creating "Slylock Fox and Comics for Kids"
    strips for over 25 years, I've been including a child's drawing in the
    feature every week for nearly the entire run of the comic. I enjoy
    giving youngsters a place to shine, be inspired and instill enthusiasm
    for drawing. I recently launched a site that allows me to display and
    comment on many more of the submissions I receive. I'm trying to provide
    an online gallery where kids can be proud to share their creations.
    Hope you'll take a peek -- www.kidcartoonists.com

    Best,
    Bob

    ReplyDelete